Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wk 7 - 6105

The presentation I watched this week was on PowerPoint. I thought I knew all I needed to know about PowerPoint, but Marc did an excellent job of showing the many capabilities of the tool. The presentation made me think of all the PowerPoint's that I have created in the past. I started out really well making them thought provoking and all, but recently I have become lazy and just put bullet points up. It reminded me that I need to capture the attention of my students and keep them engaged. I need to do a better job. Looks like I'll be revamping quite a few of my PowerPoint's to make them more student friendly.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned quite a bit about the capacity of ppt lately. I also understand that office 2010 is going to include some additional features in ppt to allow better integration with many web applications, animations, and other engaging elements. It makes the static bullet point slides seem inadequate at best.

    ReplyDelete