Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wk 9 - 6105

I learned this week that Facebook actually has educational value.

I heard from a bishop in the LDS church that the number 1 reason why couples were getting divorced was because of Facebook. Being a newly wed, I wanted nothing to do with it, but I created an account to go along with the presentation this week and am actually glad I did. I have found long lost friends from high school and college and get to keep in touch with my family that is out of state. It will be important that I use facebook appropriately and not let it get in the way of spending time with my husband.

I don't think my district has any plans of allowing facebook to be accessed at my school any time soon, but the presentation showed how social networking sites can be of educational value. I kind of see it like the discussion boards we have with blackboard. The discussion boards have been a great resource throughout this degree, so it could be very effective in a classroom situation rather it be F2F or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment