Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wk 10 - 6105

I learned this week about Jing which is great because in another class I have to create a lesson plan with screen shots. Very convenient. Screen shots are great for some things, but not all and Jing only allows you to create 5 min videos. For most topics I teach a five minute video will not suffice.

I also learned about Moodle. Now that is something great for distance ed. Especially because it is free! I wish the presenter would have spent more time describing what each activity did instead of spending so much time on the lego example. Show me how to use it, not just what it can be used for. I have had a limited amount of interaction with Moodle, but in no way proficient. I know it will support an entire course very similar to Blackboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment