Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wk 6 - 6105

As I read about open courseware and how teachers and students could benefit from it, I thought to look up MIT's offerings for math and psychology. Most of the math classes were above what would be taught in a high school setting. (As I thought about it, you are probably not going to MIT if you need Math 950.) Their lowest offering was for Calculus and since I don't teach Calculus it is not going to do me much good. However, as I was researching psychology, they do offer quite a few courses for it. This could be a great resource to develop my skills as a psychology teacher. I was just playing around for about an hour and came up with all sorts of ideas I could use next year. For example, I feel I do not do enough cooperative learning in my class and one of the classes I looked at was read this article and discuss it within your group. I think it would be great for me to hand out some of those articles for my students to read and then have them discuss in small groups.

I also looked at USU's open courseware. They only had a doctoral level class for psychology and there was a math 1050 offering, but none of the links worked. I'll have periodically check back to see if there is more for psych or math.

No comments:

Post a Comment