Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wk 5 - 6105

So I learned this week about Google Calendar. I am a big fan of the syllabus so I know what is going on for the whole semester and since my undergraduate work, I've always transferred what was on the syllabus to a monthly calendar to keep track of everything. If I have a spare minute, I'm going to transfer all the stuff from my paper calendar to the Google calendar. This is a great tool for students to utilize.

But I wanted to focus my attention to how a teacher could use this for distance education and since you can share the calendar with others, why not create a calendar for a class instead of a syllabus. I would prefer that if I was a student. Also since you can add a detailed description to any event or task, you can add all the pertinent information. Some details may need to be worked out, but I think it is a great idea.

On a side note. . . What would we do without Google nowadays? I don't think I know how to research any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment