Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wk 6 - 6105

This week I learned about 2 new technologies. Slide Rocket and UStream. UStream looks like it has a lot of functionality and could have huge benefits for distance education and face to face education. However, for me right now it is not a reality because I don't have a camera. I don't have personal funds for one and my department is strapped for money. We have to buy our own batteries for our calculators.

Slide Rocket looked like it could create amazing slide shows that are a step above PowerPoint. However, it is only a 30-day free trial and then you have to pay. I can see my administrators saying that PowerPoint is "good enough". So I'm afraid that this week, I can't really use what I learned. However it is good to have it in the back of my head for future references.

No comments:

Post a Comment