Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wk 3 addition

I forgot to add in an example for my week 3 blog post. Using mnemonic devices to help learn. In math there is the ever famous Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally for Order of Operations (Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, and Subtraction). My students have PEMDAS down, but I have found over the years that many students were having problems remembering how to find the domain of a function. Now me not being the creative type, but knowing I have many creative students I assigned an extra credit projects to my students. I had the class take the restriction for domain and put them to a song. The best one that came from the students was changing the words to Mary Had a Little Lamb. I am going to use it next year teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment